Shutters Rebuild

This client had several exterior shutters that needed replacing due to rot, and he was looking at paying several hundred dollars for each one, since they were not stock sizes and would have to be custom-ordered. I took them apart, salvaged what was still good, and rebuilt them. I had to make several new raised panels, and replace several rails and stiles. They were all 5/4 stock and that proved difficult to find. I finally settled on a product called Windsor One that I was able to get from a local building supply company. This material is suitable for exterior work and is straight, stable, and pre-primed.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s